this recipe is from: http://www.tuscanreci0pes.com/recipes/olive-garden-zuppa-toscana.html
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
This is a much requested recipe on the site given its name! Someone who used to work at the Olive
Garden sent in the original recipe and I've adapted it to serve just 6-8. Try it since it is really yummy!
To be honest, this recipe isn't very "Tuscan". It is a very good soup and hits the spot on cold winter
days. I've included this and a few other Olive Garden-inspired recipes on the site for all of our visitors
that enjoy eating at the restaurant chain. In my opinion, making these recipes at home makes them even
better than the ones you eat at the restaurant! :)
Makes: 6-8 servings
· 1 lb ground Italian sausage
· 1½ tsp crushed red peppers
· 1 large diced white onion
· 4 Tbsp bacon pieces
· 2 tsp garlic puree
· 10 cups water
· 5 cubes of chicken bouillon
· 1 cup heavy cream
· 1 lb sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes
· ¼ of a bunch of kale
1. Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while
you prepare other ingredients.
2. In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions and garlic for approxiamtly 15 mins. or until the onions are
3. Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook
4. Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
5. Add heavy cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
6. Stir in the sausage.
7. Add kale just before serving. Delicious!
Happy New Year!
2 weeks ago